As more people are starting to get into test automation, my book is being used more and more. And as time is moving on it gets outdated more and more, unfortunately. Because of this I have asked my publisher almost a year ago to update the content to be fully in sync with the current state of the product. To no avail (so far).
As part of an internal project at one of the Dutch Microsoft Dynamics 365 BC partners I will be training their developers on this topic and for that have provided them my book. Today one of their eager developers, reading the book upfront and working on the exercises, pointed out to me an anomaly in the code on . This made me realize that it makes sense to share all relevant known errata and needed updates with you on my blog. In the book and on GitHub. Surely the one that developer shared with me is worthwhile to share with all of you. And if I find time the coming weeks I will share more. Shouldn't be too difficult (for many of them) as I already composed a list that used in trying to convince the publisher to go for an update.
Keep an eye on this post, if you want to be updated as I will be updating this topic the coming time.
Chapter 3 - Standard Tests (page 42 in e-book)
In C/SIDE times all tests objects were delivered in two main .fob files, test codeunits and test libraries. No, in AL times these are provided in a vast collection of .app files.
Until BC15 test dependencies were addressed by the Test keyword:
As off BC15 test dependencies should be explicitly referenced in the dependencies collection in the app.json as in this .
See GitHub issue .
- If you have any question and errata/updates to report feel free to do so below
- Please also note down if you think the book should be updated (this might help to convince the publisher)