Directions4Partners Virtual Conference 2020
Journey from NAV 2009 Classic to Business Central October Release. Our story
Date: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 | From: 10:45:00 to 11:30:00 | Room: BERLIN
"Story from our experience, how we managed to move mid/heavy customized solution from classic client to latest BC release. The session will include advice for preparing and making decisions regarding upgrading end-customer Dynamics NAV Classic (up to 2009) solution to Extensions:
1. Case story (anonymous). Short introduction to solution, customer and its business case ( 'mid-to-heavily' customized Dynamics NAV 2009 SP1 database and how upgrade was performed to Business Central October Release CU3)
2. Walkthrough Technical upgrade stage:
- Pre-Project Stage;
- Project Preparation Stage: Internal Resources, Infrastructure, costs required.
- Execution stage: Technical upgrade of the objects - covering the whole Classic Client Upgrade process to AL, highlighting my best practices in this part of the upgrade, tools used, etc.
- Data Migration part. Covering the story how to move 250GB of data across all versions.
- Post project stage: UAT,GO Live. Result, expectations, deadlines. Possible upgrade alternatives, tools, etc.
3. Incentives for upgrade, converting the license;
4. Misconceptions about classic upgrade to extensions;"
Bio: Petras Butenas, Founder at Simplanova, has been living in MS Dynamics Partner world for the last 8 years. Petras has been working in Simplanova to help Dynamics Partners automate the upgrade the Dynamics NAV solutions to extensions. Simplanova has provided many automation solutions to make upgrades more efficient over the years.