Days Of Knowledge UK 2023
Migration from historical ERP to BC and integration with REST web services
Date: 22-03-2023 | From: 09:00 to 17:00 | Room: Room 9
Migration is more affordable and easier than you think. Your customers want access to legacy data and, until now, there hasn’t been a practical or cost-effective solution to this problem. In this hands-on training class, we will show you how to access legacy data in Dynamics 365 Business Central using Popdock. This is a training built specifically for partners. Upon completion, you will know how to:
- Publish data to Microsoft Azure data lakes for cost-effective storage,
- Embed access to historical data in Business Central,
- Report between apps (both historical data and D365 Business Central data).
- On-Premise Gateways for Dynamics NAV and SQL - On-Premise.
Introduction to Data Lake Management:
- Diving into Microsoft Azure Data Lakes & the Popdock Data Lake Publisher
- Choosing specific data sets to move.
- Moving an entire database.
- Combining Data from D365 Business Central with archived (legacy) data.
Embedding any data in D365 Business Central.
Considerations for Project Success
Integration - In our Introduction to REST web services we show you how to use REST API’s as a source and destination, and options for creating bulk and ongoing integrations. You will learn the following skills for connecting to REST API’s:
- Authentication (Basic, Exchange Token, Oauth2)
- Creating and Modifying REST data
- Working with child data (address, document lines)
- Creating custom REST Lookup columns
Duration: 8 hours
Cost: Free of Charge
Included: Lunch will be provided
Technical Lead, EMEA, eOne Solution
Bio: Originally from Fargo, Ethan relocated to Copenhagen leaving behind cold car commutes for bicycle lanes. Leading our technical teams in Europe, Middle East, and Africa, Ethan helps partners and customers improve productivity by utilizing the eOne toolset. When he is not at his desk, you can find Ethan outside running, hiking, and enjoying any other activity he can find.